German Emigration Center Bremerhaven
An exciting journey through 300 years of emigration and immigration history
Waiting on the wharf, waving good-bye from the gangway, then the journey starts. For more than seven million emigrants, who left from Bremerhaven between 1830-1974 on their journey to the New World, this is the moment of departure. For the visitors of the German Emigration Center this is the start of their travel through 300 years of German migration history.
In the award-winning theme museum visitors follow the moving life stories of the emigrants in authentically recreated exhibition rooms; from the farewell at the quay, to crossing the Atlantic on a typical emigrant ship, to their arrival in a new homeland and entering the halls of Grand Central Terminal in New York. At the many interactive media stations, visitors can hear, see and learn more about the diverse fates of emigrants and the history of migration.
After the tour, visitors can go on a personal search for emigrated ancestors in the family research section.
The German Emigration Center is the first museum to feature the history of emigration and immigration in Germany. Special exhibitions and events examine this topic in greater depth. During school vacations, the museum also offers an extensive program for children and families.
The next events in our house
Klicken Sie hier, um den Standort manuell zu ermitteln.
March till October
- daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday till 9 p.m.
November till February
- daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday till 9 p.m. (till 31. December)
The family research is open daily from 12 p.m.
Last entrance 60 minutes before closing.
Closed 24th of December
31st December from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Length of stay
90 minutes minimum length of stay
150 minutes on average length of stay
120 minutes recommended length of stay
Attention: For further information visit the center's website.
Group bookings by phone only. Special dates are set up for school classes until the summer vacations and guided tours for small groups are offered on a limited basis.
- Adults € 18,50
- Children (5-16 years) € 9,00
- Reduced (students, pupils, trainees, severely disabled persons GdB 50%) € 14,00
- Families (2 adults + children 5-16 years) € 45,00
- Single Mom/Dad (1 adult + children 5-16 years) € 26,50
- Group and school group price on request
Long Thursday - Late ticket (1st October to 31. December)
- Adults € 14,50
- Children (5-16 years) € 5,00
- Reduced (students, pupils, trainees, severely disabled persons GdB 50%) € 10,50
- Families (2 adults + children 5-16 years) € 36,50
- Single Mom/Dad (1 adult + children 5-16 years) € 22,50
Tips, Tickets, Dates:
Erlebnis Bremerhaven GmbH
Bremerhaven Touristik & Tourist-Infos
Praise or criticism
January - December
mondays - sundays 9:30 a.m. - 17:00 p.m.