German Emigration Center Bremerhaven
An exciting journey through 300 years of emigration and immigration history
Waiting on the wharf, waving good-bye from the gangway, then the journey starts. For more than seven million emigrants, who left from Bremerhaven between 1830-1974 on their journey to the New World, this is the moment of departure. For the visitors of the German Emigration Center this is the start of their travel through 300 years of German migration history.
Located on that very harbor where the emigrant ships departed you will now find the awarded theme museum in which vistors follow the personal path of an emigrant from the time of departure, to the conditions experienced during the crossing up until the arrival in the New World. After emigrating to the New World visitors immigrate to Germany: In a reconstructed shopping mall of the year 1973, the year the Federal Republic of Germany enacted a recruitment Stopp for foreign workerk, visitors trace the footsteps of immigrants such as Huguenots, Guest Workers or Syrian civil war refugees.
At the end of the tour visitors have the opportunity to embark on a personal search for their own ancestors in two international databases.
Aside from the permanent exhibition, changing special exhibitions, events and seminars deal more closely with various aspects of migration.
The next events in our house
Klicken Sie hier, um den Standort manuell zu ermitteln.
from March to October
- daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
from November to February
- daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Last entrance 60 minutes before closing.
Closed 24th December
31st December 10 am. - 4 p.m.
Length of stay
90 minutes minimum length of stay
150 minutes on average length of stay
120 minutes recommended length of stay
- Adults € 15,00
- Children (aged 5-16) € 9,00
- Reduced (Students/Pupils) € 13,00
- Disabled person 50 % € 13,00
- Families (2 adults + children 5-16 aged) € 40,00
- Single Mom/Dad (1 adult + children 5-16 aged) € 28,00
- Degree of disability 100 % cost free admission
- Group and school group prices on request.
- Adults € 15,80
- Children (5-16 years) € 9,00
- Reduced (students, pupils, severely disabled GdB 50%) € 13,00
- Families (2 adults + children 5-16 years) € 41,80
- Single Mom/Dad (1 adult + children 5-16 years) € 29,90
- Disabled GdB 100 % free admission
- Group and school group prices on request
The ticket vouchers that can be purchased via the Bremerhaven Tourist Board must be changed for tickets at the box office of the German Emigration Center!
Tips, Tickets, Dates:
Erlebnis Bremerhaven GmbH
Bremerhaven Touristik & Tourist-Infos
Praise or criticism
May - September
Mon. - Sun. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
October - April
Mon. - Sun. 9.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.