Geeste northern breakwater light
In 1857, a lighthouse of about eight metres height was established on the northern breakwater of the River Geeste estuary in the contemporary neo-gothic style. In 1912, a new breakwater had to be constructed. The old lighthouse was pulled down and replaced by a new structure in 1914, which still exists today. It is made from brickwork, the lantern marking the northern entrance with a red light, about 15 metres above sea level.