Lock New Harbor
Weve got the knack of doing it - there is no faster way.
The first dock lock leading from the Weser to New Harbor was already in 1852 a worldwide sensation. The rebuilding in the year 2005 is in no way inferior to the original. The difference: the lock built between 1874 and 1852 could only be used during high tide; the new chamber lock with sector gates and swing bridges which was completed after 27 months of constructions is ultra-modern and technically unique worldwide. This should especially please weekend skippers who will now find a fast route from the New Harbor to the river Weser or to the harbor with their sailing or motor yachts. Nevertheless, the Lock New Harbor is not a pure ´sports-boat lock´ but suited to accommodate all ships that fit into the lock chamber measuring 50 x 14 meters. And under good weather conditions, the length of the lock can even be extended to 62.50 m. The double front of the lock then becomes a single gate pair or sector pair.
- usable length: 50.00 or 62.50 m
- usable width: 14.00 m
- depth: 5.50 to 6.50 m sea level
- lock times 10 min to 45 min, depending on occupancy and water level difference
- highest water level for lock operation = sea level + 2.80 m
- lowest water level for lock operation = sea level - 3.00 m
Klicken Sie hier, um den Standort manuell zu ermitteln.
You can find us here
Schleuse Neuer HafenH.-H.-Meier-Straße 18
27568 Bremerhaven Go to city map
- during the season from 1st May - 30th September daily from 6.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- outside of the season in October and April daily from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- outside of the season from November - March and outside the indicated times registration for locking a ship over the North Lock
Looking outside of the opening hours please contact the Emperor Lock under UKW Canal 10 or Phone: 0049 471 - 30 90 14 00.
Tips, Tickets, Dates:
Erlebnis Bremerhaven GmbH
Bremerhaven Touristik & Tourist-Infos
May - September
Mon. - Sun. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
October - April
Mon. - Sun. 9.30 a.m. - 6 p.m.