The Emperior's Lock Light
In 1900, the Northern entrance of the Emperior's lock was marked by a light, the correct nautical designation being Emperior's East. But on account of its fog bell, the people in Bremerhaven like to call it “Pingelturm” (which means something like “ringing tower”).
The 15-metre-building itself was designed in the contemporary historistic style by the Bremerhaven port engineer Rudolf Rudloff (1851-1922), and was brick built. Rudloff also designed another lighthouse at the entrance to the Neuer Hafen basin (1893). This was built in a much simpler manner and is nicknamed “minaret” by the Bremerhaven population.
City Map Extract